USAN, an Atlanta Georgia-based company with nationwide IT operations is seeking a Network Security & SRE Engineer to join our Team. The Network Security & Site Reliability Engineer is expected to assume implementation, management, and troubleshooting responsibilities of USAN’s Cisco-based IP network environment.
Additional responsibilities include providing occasional on-site coverage at two USAN data center locations in the Newark NJ area as needed. Duties also include following USAN best practices related to installation and maintenance techniques and specifications. This highly technical position, at times, requires daily interaction and co-existence with USAN internal Collocation Engineers & external Engineering Teams, Vendors & Customers. Superior organization, prioritization and self-motivation skills are a must. Strong self-management abilities and a firm commitment to providing excellent technical support & service is a must.
USAN has operational network elements that include Cisco switches, servers, routers, and firewalls. The candidate should be prepared to take on the hands-on duties of new and ongoing implementations that involve configuring, deploying, operating, and troubleshooting USAN’s hardware elements across multiple USAN data centers and in multiple external cloud environments.
Applicant would be reporting to the VP of Service Delivery within the USAN IT Operations Department. By expanding USAN Technical product & Engineering support skills, this Engineer will have future growth opportunities.
This candidate must have professional experience with Wired, Wireless, Secure Remote Access, and Wide Area Networks. And experience with traffic engineering across different types of connectivity covering Point to Point, T1, Metro-Ethernet, MPLS, L2/L3 VPN, IPsec VPN, and DIA services.
This candidate should be proficient in provisioning Cisco’s security family of products including Cisco ASA, Cisco Firepower services, and Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE).
The ideal candidate would be highly skilled in working with network technologies such as EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, HSRP, DMVPN, BFD, VTP, STP, VPC, LACP, 802.1x, IPsec, GRE, PIM, DHCP, DNS, NAT, and PAT.
Required Technical Skills:
- Analyzing existing hardware, software, and networking related systems.
- Ability to install, maintain & troubleshoot complex Network Technical issues as needed.
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco networking Ecosystems.
- Experience with LAN, WLAN, WAN and Network Virtualization.
- Telephony skills including knowledge in voIP, SIP, TDM communication technologies.
- Advanced troubleshooting analytical skills.
- Ability to identify, deploy, and manage complex networking systems.
- Creating and implementing scalable Cisco networks according to industry standard.
- Monitoring, Testing, and troubleshooting of installed Cisco Systems & Solarwinds Orion Platform observability.
- Resolving technical issues with networks, Server hardware, and software.
- Performing speed and security tests on installed networks.
- Applying network configuration & security upgrades and enhancements.
- Upgrading/replacing hardware and software systems when required.
- Performing capture and analysis of network traffic utilizing Wireshark.
- Evaluate networking products and technologies that can enhance Operational goals and present findings to the business and Executive Management stake holders.
- Ability to complete Network Engineering Project planning & tasks from start with minimal Supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills.
- Strong computer skills. MS Office Suite & Service Now.
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced, constantly changing environment and follow instructions from Managers and senior team colleagues.
- Outstanding customer service skills and dedication to the overall customer service experience.
- Dependable to be at work during normal business hours & during Scheduled and Emergency Maintenance window activities and to complete assignments & tasks.
- Ability to multitask and meet specific goals set by Lead Engineers and Management Team.
- Experience with documenting procedures.
- Experience with Change Management and ITIL practices.
- CCIE or CCDE certification will be considered a plus.
- Candidates for this position must have at least 5-7 years’ experience in the IT Computer Telephony Industry.
- Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or a member of a Team and work collaboratively with other departments. Must be able to communicate, write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively digest and if need be, present information and respond to questions from groups of technical managers, engineers, Vendors, and customers.
- Ability to solve complex & practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities, must be able to multi-task and successfully meet deadlines.